The Shaw Mansion

The Shaw Mansion
Click To Enlarge

The Shaw Mansion is the home of The New London County Historical Society museum.  During the Revolutionary War, the mansion served as Connecticut's Naval War Office.  Captain Nathaniel Shaw, a wealthy merchant and American Naval Agent during the Revolution, began building his granite home in 1756 using the labor of French refugees, the Acadians, exiled from Nova Scotia and dispersed to Connecticut towns during the French and Indian War [1754-1763].  George Washington visited him in 1776; the Marquis de Lafayette in 1824. The house museum displays many Revolutionary era antiques.

Mini prints measure 4X6" in a 5X7" mat.  $10 for one [3 for $25].  Also available in 5X7" [8X10" mat] for $25, 8X10" [11X14" mat] for $45.

[PinkChairPrints watermark does not appear on actual print.]

  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $10.00